The following programs are available for older adults or disabled individuals to help meet their needs so they can continue to live in the community and avoid being placed in a nursing home prematurely.
For more information about these programs, please contact the Alliance for Aging, Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) at 305-670-4357.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative (ADI)
- Community Care for the Elderly (CCE)
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP)
- Home Care for the Elderly (HCE) Program
- Medicaid Managed Care
- Older Americans Act (OAA) Program
- SHINE (Medicare, Medicaid and Health Insurance Questions)
For more information about the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care program, please visit the LTC website at: http://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/statewide_mc/smmc_ltc.shtml
Below is an educational video with information about Medicaid Long Term Care Home and Community Based Services : https://www.